Lead Product Designer (m/f/d)
Join our product team and help build and improve MyTherapy, an app millions of people use to take their medications safely. Be part of an international team with an agile work approach, where flexibility and team interactions beat strict processes and supervision.
As Lead Product Designer you will take responsibility for product design at smartpatient – from design strategy, design processes to design systems. Together, we will create engaging designs and easy-to-use experiences that address user needs while delivering a strong business impact.
Why should you join us?
At smartpatient, our close-knit team is committed to developing a quality product that improves lives of people taking regular medications. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of their work and create an open environment where new ideas are welcome, driving both the quality of our product and personal development. Fostering a culture that values honest communication and cooperation helps ensure our team members from across the globe are happy and engaged. This approach helps us achieve our ambitions as a company.
Number of vacancies: 1
Work type: Full-time, hybrid (working from the office 2-3 days per week)
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
- Owning and driving the user experience of MyTherapy from the conception of new features to the improvement of existing functionality.
- Collaborating with company founders and leaders from other parts of the organization to define the strategic direction of how to evolve our medication management platform beyond its current capabilities.
- Supporting our B2B organization by preparing and moderating high-profile co-creation workshops with senior leaders from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Leading, developing, and inspiring a team of direct reports to deliver their best and create a safe and respectful working environment that enables our designers to thrive.
- Enabling and supporting our product designers to balance speed, quality, and consistency, always focusing on impact for the user and the business.
- Safeguarding and improving our design process and advocating for user-centered design, accessibility and usability standards within the organization.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Product/UX Designer.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Strong track record (and portfolio to back it up) in designing flexible and accessible UI and in-depth knowledge of interaction design best practices and design principles, preferably for mobile apps.
- Strong experience in user research methodologies and tool usage (such as Figma, Maze…).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the German language.
What do we offer?
- A job with a purpose, supporting millions living with chronic diseases.
- A start-up spirit combined with grown-up structures and facilities.
- Day-to-day collaboration with the company’s founders.
- Top-notch equipment and working environment.
- Competitive compensation in line with your track record.
- Training and development budgets (e.g., for conferences).
- Regular team and company-wide events.
- Highly flexible mobile working policy.
- Employee Discounts within Shop Apotheke Group.
- Urban Sports Club Membership.
- Free drinks, fruit, and cereals.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and portfolio!
The best way to share your application with us is via our application form. It doesn't take long, we promise – just tap on the button below to get started.
Do you have questions? Write us through email@example.com or call us at +49 89 1222493-00. We are looking forward to hearing from you!