Our Backend developers have set up and maintained our cloud infrastructure with AWS. To better support the growth of both our active userbase and the development team, we are now recruiting a 2-person DevOps team. The first two colleagues have the opportunity to heavily influence and shape their work environment, the collaboration process, and the tools to be used on a regular basis. We encourage you to apply even if not all the responsibilities, task, and skills below fit to you - after all, we are searching for a complementary team of two.
- Ensure state of the art cloud infrastructure, which is easy to monitor, highly available, scalable, and testable
- Optimizing cost efficiency within our infrastructure
- Driving the automation of processes and ensuring frictionless deployments
- Promoting new cloud-based solutions within the organization, while maintaining and optimizing existing solutions
- Work closely with application development, product and software QA Teams to design, provision and later operate our cloud infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Infrastructure as Code
- Setting up monitoring solutions for our cloud services, improve self-healing capabilities and monitor 24/7 availability of our systems
- Executing regular security patches on our services
- Deploying our cloud services and continuously maintaining and improving the deployment process
- Maintaining and monitoring of Continuous Integration, and enabling teams to rely on Continuous Delivery and Continuous
- Deployment processes
- 3+ years of commercial experience working with cloud service platforms (e.g. AWS)
- High proficiency and experience with "infrastructure as code" (e.g. CloudFormation)
- Experience in setting up and working with monitoring tools for application and infrastructure layer
- Proficiency in using Ansible or other orchestration tools
- Solid knowledge of containerization of environments
- Be process-driven and understand the importance of naming in code and infrastructure when working in a team
- Understanding and experience in working with git and git workflows
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and never rest when it comes to optimizing cost efficiency
- Solid understanding of security approaches and standards
- Strong networking (TCP/IP) skills
- Experience in managing relational databases
- Programming skills in scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, Ruby, ..)
- Have excellent English language skills in speaking and writing
We are looking forward to receiving your CV. If you have a Stack Overflow or GitHub profile (or similar), we encourage you to forward them along with other points of reference such as published apps on Play Store or contributions to open-source projects.
The best way to share your application with us is via our application form. It doesn't take long, we promise – just tap on the button below to get started.
If you're unable to use the application form, you can always email us your application.